Airfoil allows you to send any audio to AirPort Express units, Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs, all in sync! It’s your audio – everywhere.
With Airfoil you can take audio from any application and send to your AirPort Express units, as well as Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs running Airfoil Speakers! Transmit audio from RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and other media players. Send audio from web-based applications like Pandora, Last.fm, and other to the AirPort Express. You can even stream audio from audio devices like RadioSHARK, XM and Sirius radios, around your house.
- Critical Bug Fix: An issue where connections to Apple TVs running tvOS 10 would drop after approximately four minutes has been corrected.
- Critical Bug Fix: The erroneous “No buffer space available” (55 ENOBUFS) message which could appear on MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) has been banished.
- Enhancement: Airfoil now better detects speakers that have disappeared from the network.
- Bug Fix: A problem where album artwork could wrongly appear pixelated has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: Adjustments have been made to enable FaceTime to be captured on MacOS 10.12 (Sierra).
- Other: Due to changes in iTunes 12.5, Airfoil now requires Instant On to capture audio from iTunes, and will prompt the user if needed.
Full MacOS 10.15 (Catalina) Support
- At this time, Airfoil now has full compatibility with MacOS 10.15 (Catalina).
Improvements for Working With Input Devices
- Airfoil's tracking of physical input devices has been overhauled and dramatically improved. It will now better handle issues caused by many USB audio devices, automatically tracking devices across restarts and between ports on your computer, so fewer adjustments are necessary.
Enhanced Audio Capture with ACE 11.1
- The backend Audio Capture Engine (ACE) has been updated to 11.1, with many backend enhancements.
- Restored Control of the iTunes & Music Apps
- Airfoil can once again control and receive metadata from Apple's iTunes and Music apps.
- The new TV.app on Catalina is now supported for enhanced metadata and remote control.
- Several small improvements have been made to Airfoil's handling of Dark Mode.
- A bug where Airfoil's menu bar menus could fail to respond immediately after launch on Catalina has been squashed.
- An issue where Airfoil and Airfoil Satellite could fail to respect the Login items "Hide" checkbox has been corrected.
- A rare crash which could occur due to the retrieval of track title metadata has been fixed.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor