SounceSource lets you adjust your input, output, and sound-effects devices and volume settings in mere moments, right from the menu bar. Enable soft play-thru of input devices to your desired output, so you can hear sound coming in through any microphone or other source. With SoundSource, you get fast access to your Mac’s most important audio settings.
- Instant Audio-Device Switching – With just two clicks, you can switch the audio devices your Mac is using for input, output, and even sound effects.
- Fast Volume Control – SoundSource provides easy access to the volume controls for your audio devices as well.
- Audio Play-Thru, Too – SoundSource’s Play-Thru window makes it easy to monitor the audio coming from any input device.
- Comprehensive – SoundSource gives you one place to go for all Mac’s most important audio controls.
- At Your Fingertips – With SoundSource running in your menu bar, your audio controls are always available.
- Lightweight – When you don’t need SoundSource, it stays out of your way.
- Blurriness Be Gone! An issue which could cause the menu bar icons and meters to appear blurry has been corrected.
- Multiple Fixes for VoiceOver Users The Appearances pane of the preferences is now correctly accessible to VoiceOver, and a crash which could occur when VoiceOver read the names of custom EQ presets has been fixed.
- Metering has been improved for certain Apple Audio Unit plugins, restoring their usual smooth behavior.
- The “Add Effect” menu now indicates (via a subtle checkmark) when a built-in effect is already in place.
- Bluetooth devices will no longer incorrectly appear in the device selector when the Mac's Bluetooth hardware is turned off.
- A loss in audio quality due to sample rate switching, which could occur with certain Bluetooth devices, has been prevented.
- An incompatibility between “Super Volume Keys” and Logitech's “Options” software has been fixed.
- An issue caused by devices incorrectly using the same “unique” identifier for multiple data sources has been worked around, preventing a crash.
- The menu bar icon color no longer gets stuck on white when using the System's “Auto” Appearance selector.
- SoundSource will no longer incorrectly be hidden if a plugin was visible when clicking away from the app.
- An issue where the plugin bypass setting didn't correctly update on first launch has been fixed.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor