WiFi Explorer Pro takes the code base of WiFi Explorer, and adds a set of features that makes it the right tool for WLAN and IT professionals. You can use WiFi Explorer Pro for preliminary assessments, to help design and validate wireless networks installations, as well as to identify channel conflicts, overlapping, poor signal quality and other issues that may be affecting the connectivity or performance of your home, office or enterprise wireless network.
- Passive and directed scan modes
- Spectrum analysis integration
- Custom filters
- Support for remote sensors
- Support for networks with hidden SSIDs
- Additional columns with advanced information
- Additional organization options for scan results
- Dark and light themes
- A new scan mode that allows you to listen for encapsulated 802.11 packets generated by APs in sniffer or monitor mode. It supports PEEKREMOTE (Cisco, Aruba) and TZSP (MikroTik) encapsulation formats.
- Support for importing capture files containing encapsulated 802.11 packets using the PEEKREMOTE or TZSP encapsulation formats.
- Ability to identify and display the information of Pwnagotchi devices.
- Option to show/hide column separator lines (see View > Show Column Separator Lines).
- An issue when parsing radio information reported by certain Wi-Fi adapters when using remote sensors.
- An issue when resolving the vendor name of certain virtual BSSIDs generated by Meraki APs.
- Other bug fixes and UI tweaks.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor