Visual Studio Code provides developers with a new choice of developer tool that combines the simplicity and streamlined experience of a code editor with the best of what developers need for their core code-edit-debug cycle. Visual Studio Code is the first code editor, and first cross-platform development tool – supporting OSX, Linux, and Windows – in the Visual Studio family.
At its heart, Visual Studio Code features a powerful, fast code editor great for day-to-day use. The Preview release of Code already has many of the features developers need in a code and text editor, including navigation, keyboard support with customizable bindings, syntax highlighting, bracket matching, auto indentation, and snippets, with support for dozens of languages.
Note: Visual Studio Code is free software, you can go to the official website to download.
- Insider build always starts language server with debug options
- Occluded windows just went blank
- Port 9229 in use by VS Code
- "Save Workspace As..." does not save with correct extension
- Extension Host broken
- Touch bar mac disabled on focus file
- child_process results in ENOMEM error with empty options.env
- macOS: File > Open no longer adds files to recently opened
- 1.40.0 has rendering lag and flickers when minimize/maximize window with custom
- Leaving Full Screen or Zen Mode leads to wrong window dimensions
- Maximize button not working properly with auto-hide taskbar enabled
- WebViewPanel created with preserveFocus: true suffers from a focus problem.
OS X 10.9 or later , 64-bit processor