Tumult Whisk is a lightweight HTML and PHP editor with a live preview that updates as you type. Whisk is an essential app in your toolkit for HTML, PHP, CSS, and jаvascript programming. It is great for learning web development, testing snippets of code, or building entire web pages.
Whisk’s integrated preview pane displays the web page live as you type. Whisk breaks the tedious cycle of writing HTML, saving the file, then reloading and viewing the page in the browser. Combining the writing phase with the viewing phase clarifies the effects of your changes and speeds up the overall process of making a web page. W3C-based validation will red-underline any mistakes. It uses the same rendering engine found in Safari, so it is not only standards compliant, but also very fast.
Use Whisk For:
- Crafting HTML to make sure it looks exactly as you want it
- Testing and executing PHP code
- Writing blog posts, forum entries, or rich emails
- Interactively trying out CSS
- Running and debugging jаvascript
- And creating whole websites
- Scroll Sync improvements
- Fixed issue where Hype Reflect previews would not show images and other local page resources
- Fixed some issues using Whisk in different languages
- Showing HTML Source Code for PHP in Dark Theme will use a black background and white text
- Fixed issue where Watched Files table would flicker when modifying watched files
- Many other bug fixes and UI tweaks
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor