Tower is a powerful Git client for OS X that makes using Git easy and more efficient. Users benefit from its elegant and comprehensive interface and a feature set that lets them enjoy the full power of Git.
Learning Git with Tower. Tower abstracts Git’s complexity in an easy-to-use interface. For example, lots of actions can be performed simply via drag and drop, and mistakes can be undone easily.
Using Tower as an Expert. Advanced users can increase their productivity with features like single line staging, submodule support, or the file history.
- git-svn support
- file history
- submodule support
- blame view
- single line staging (per-line committing)
- discard chunks/lines
- direct Github, Beanstalk, and Bitbucket integration
- Support for full-screen and Retina displays in OS X 10.7 Lion
- many powerful drag-and-drop features include merge, rebase, push /pull to/from remote, apply stash, create new branch, etc.
- Activity window for Services and Repositories areas: The activity window now shows detailed background operation infos from services and repositories.
- Touch Bar refinement: If no window is open, the Touch Bar now shows the Quick Open, Activity and Clone options.
- Commit view glitches: In the "small" and "medium" size commit views, we've now corrected some minor display issues (regarding cropped content e.g.).
- Adding new Service accounts from the Clone dialog: The "Clone" dialog allows users to directly add a new Service account to Tower. However, before this update, the dialog did not instantly reflect such a newly added account.
- LFS-handled files and merge conflicts: In the "Conflict Wizard", you can now export revisions even of LFS-managed files.
- Error handling with Submodules: When updating or adding a Submodule, Git errors where sometimes not immediately presented - which they now are.
- GitHub "Gists": The gist.github.com subdomain is now properly recognized in Tower's Services integrations.
- History: A display issue for commits with subjects containing a single newline has been fixed.
- Various minor bugfixes.
- Updated git-lfs version to 2.0.2.
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor