Things is a task management solution that helps to organize your tasks in an elegant and intuitive way. Things combines powerful features with simplicity through the use of tags and its intelligent filter bar.
- Collect Your Thoughts – Get things off your mind quickly: no matter what app you’re in, a keyboard shortcut instantly reveals Quick Entry. Type your thoughts and save them to the Inbox. Or just talk to Siri on any device (“Remind me to…”) and import from Reminders.
- Get Organized – Create a project for each of your goals, then add the steps to reach them. For clarity, add structure with headings. Then group your projects by areas of responsibility, such as “Family”, “Work”, or “Health”. Review these regularly to stay on top of things.
- Plan Your Time – See your calendar events alongside your to-dos and plan your time effectively. Create repeating to-dos for things you do every few days, weeks, or months – Things will remind you on the right day.
- Make the Most of Your Day – Every morning, grab a coffee and prepare your list for “Today”: review previously planned to-dos and make quick decisions on what to tackle. Pick some more steps from your projects and then get going. The Today list is the only place you’ll need to look for the rest of the day.
- Customize Your Workflow – Use tags to categorize your to-dos or add context. For example, tag places like “Office” or “Home”, or tag all your “Errands”, or everything you’re working on with “Kate”. You can easily find everything you’ve tagged via filtering or search.
- Improved suggestions when searching for dates in the When and Deadline popovers
- Glitch in the Quick Entry window
- Problem where canceled projects showed as completed in the Logbook
- Problem with popovers’ shadows when switching between light and dark modes
- Some sync merge issues for to-do titles and notes
- Crashes that occurred when stopping repeating to-dos
- Crash that could occur in the Things Cloud setup dialog
- The behavior of keystrokes (Return, Escape) for confirmation alerts with more than two buttons
- Many smaller internal improvements
- Improved translations for French and Japanese. THINGS 3.12 We’re excited to release Things 3.12 - a big update for our Watch app! We’ve entirely rebuilt its foundation to allow it to sync and operate without your phone being nearby. We’ve also taken this opportunity to add some often-requested features to the app. For more information about this release, please visit our blog: thingsapp.com There are no huge changes in this release for Mac, but there’s one great new feature you should know about:
- You can now edit the Tags or Deadlines of collapsed to-dos - even for multiple to-dos at once - by hitting Cmd+Shift+T or D. It’s super convenient :) Other changes in this release:
- Added Quick Entry with Autofill support for the Microsoft Edge browser
- Improved some edge cases when pasting content into lists
macOS 10.13.0 or later, 64-bit processor