Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup, and prose. You’ll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features, and amazing performance.
Goto Anything. Use Goto Anything to open files with only a few keystrokes, and instantly jump to symbols, lines, or words. Triggered with ⌘P, it is possible to:
- Type part of a file name to open it.
- Type @ to jump to symbols, # to search within the file, and : to go to a line number.
These shortcuts can be combined, so [email protected] may take you to a function read_file within a file text_parser.py. Similarly, tp:100 would take you to line 100 of the same file.
Multiple Selections. Make ten changes at the same time, not one change ten times. Multiple selections allow you to interactively change many lines at once, rename variables with ease, and manipulate files faster than ever. Try pressing ⇧⌘L to split the selection into lines and ⌘D to select the next occurrence of the selected word. To make multiple selections with the mouse, take a look at the Column Selection documentation.
Command Palette. The Command Palette holds infrequently used functionality, like sorting, changing the syntax, and changing the indentation settings. With just a few keystrokes, you can search for what you want, without ever having to navigate through the menus or remember obscure key bindings. Show the Command Palette with ⌘⇧P.
Distraction-Free Mode. When you need to focus, Distraction-Free Mode is there to help you out. Distraction-Free Mode is full-screen, chrome-free editing, with nothing but your text in the center of the screen. You can incrementally show elements of the UI, such as tabs and the find panel, as you need them. You can enter Distraction Free Mode using the View/Enter Distraction Free Mode menu.
Split Editing. Get the most out of your wide-screen monitor with split-editing support. Edit files side-by-side, or edit two locations in the one file. You can edit with as many rows and columns as you wish. Take advantage of multiple monitors by editing with multiple windows, and using multiple splits in each window. Take a look at the View/Layout menu for split-editing options. To open multiple views into the one file, use the File/New View into File menu item.
Instant Project Switch. Projects in Sublime Text capture the full contents of the workspace, including modified and unsaved files. You can switch between projects in a manner similar to Goto Anything, and the switch is instant, with no save prompts. All your modifications will be restored next time the project is opened.
Plugin API. Sublime Text has a powerful, Python-based plugin API. Along with the API, it comes with a built-in Python console to interactively experiment in real time.
Customize Anything. Key bindings, menus, snippets, macros, completions and more – just about everything in Sublime Text is customizable with simple JSON files. This system gives you flexibility as settings can be specified on a per-file type and per-project basis.
Cross-Platform. Sublime Text is available for OS X, Windows and Linux. One license is all you need to use Sublime Text on every computer you own, no matter what operating system it uses. Sublime Text uses a custom UI toolkit, optimized for speed and beauty, while taking advantage of native functionality on each platform.
- Added a custom regex engine that matches multiple regexps in parallel, for faster file loading and indexing
- Improved Unicode support, including combining character rendering, character classification in regex searches, and case insensitivity in Goto Anything matching
- Added Panel Switcher to status bar
- Better handling of troublesome files during indexing
- Improved file change detection
- Added "Profile Events" to the Command Palette, to help identify slow plugins
- Build Systems may now define a list of file name wildcard patterns to trigger on, via the file_patterns key
- prompt_open_file and related commands now accept an initial_directoryargument
- Improved indenting behavior when indent_to_bracket is enabled
- Spell Checker now reads from manually edited user preferences on the fly
- Stability improvements for Find in Files when using regular expressions that result in significant backtracking
- Fixed file truncation when using hexadecimal encoding
- Fixed brackets in strings influencing auto indent
- Fixed inconsistencies in Goto Anything when selecting symbols
- Fixed tab completion regression in 3081, where h1..h6 HTML completions were not triggering
- Fixed Goto Definition command not working when placed in a submenu
- OSX: Fixed Emoji & Symbols popup failing to insert text in some cases
- Windows: Added support for inserting characters from outside of the BMP
- Windows: ctrl+alt+p is no longer bound by default, due to compatibility issues with some keyboard layouts
- Windows: Updated code signing certificate to no longer use SHA1
- Linux: Fixed a file permission issue when running without --wait
- Linux: crash_reporter is statically linked, improving system compatibility
- API: Added Window.is_sidebar_visible() and Window.set_sidebar_visible()
- API: Added View.is_auto_complete_visible()
- API: Added find_output_panel(), destroy_output_panel(), active_panel() and panels()
- API: Added create_output_panel() now accepts an optional parameter,"unlisted"
OS X 10.7 or later