Spillo is a powerful, beautiful and amazingly fast Pinboard client. Spillo lets you browse and organize your bookmarks in a stunning modern interface. Spillo also makes creating a bookmark from anywhere on your Mac as convenient as possible.
A beautiful interface
Spillo has a beautiful modern interface that feels just right at home on your Mac. Spillo uses all the latest technologies that you would expect from a modern OS X application.
Easily organize your bookmarks
Spillo allows you to create powerful collections by specifying a number of rules. Don’t limit yourself to Pinboard’s default organization and create collections that just match your needs.
Create powerful searches
Spillo also allows you to create and save public searches based on a username and a number of tags. You can keep recurrent searches right in your sidebar.
Share to a multitude of services
Spillo supports sharing your bookmaks to a multitude of services such as Instapaper, Pocket, Twitter and Facebook. Should you be annoyed by some services, you can easily disable them in the Preferences.
Quickly create a bookmark from anywhere on your Mac
Spillo’s bookmark creation window can be brought up from anywhere on your Mac. Use the (optional) menu item or global shortcut to bring up. The URL field will also be pre-populated based on the content of your clipboard.
Browser integration to make bookmarking simpler
Spillo comes with browser extensions that make bookmarking from any page trivial. The bookmark creation window will be pre-populated based on the content of the current page. They are available for Safari and Chrome.
Spillo is super fast!
Spillo’s edge is its speed and responsiveness. Don’t wait on a slow network to process your data, Spillo caches it and syncs whenever it’s more convenient.
All the shortcuts you would expect
Spillo has a multitude of shortucts that make browsing, organizing and editing your bookmarks so much quicker.
Spillo has full AppleScript support for browsing, creating and updating bookmaks so it’s easily extandable. Want to create an Alfred workflow to create a new bookmark in Spillo? You can do it with a couple of lines of AppleScript. Check this script that retrieves the current tab in Safari and presents the Spillo window to create a bookmark for that URL.
Create your own Sharing Service plugins
Spillo has an open plugin architecture that lets you extend the built-in sharing capabilities by building your own Sharing Services. Building a plugin is really easy, just check out the small SDK on GitHub and start building!
- Add support for logging in with the Pinboard API token
- Add preference for the bookmark window to be sticky
- Auto complete tags when creating a Collection
- Fix login issue that some users were experiencing
- Better error handling when failing to login. Also you can now use the app even if Spillo fails to write to the keychain
- Fix tags not always being committed when creating or editing a search
- Support editing an existing tag when bookmarking from the browser rather than creating a duplicate
- Make sure that unused tags are deleted locally
- Restore the sidebar type (General or Tags) on launch
- Respect the last used option for unread/private when using the browser extension to create a bookmark
- ?F now gives focus to the search field
OS X 10.9 or later