Sketch is an innovative and fresh look at vector drawing for the Mac. Its intentionally minimalist design is based upon a drawing space of unlimited size and layers, free of palettes, panels, menus, windows, and controls. Though simple to use, it offers powerful vector drawing and text tools like perfect Boolean operations, symbols, and powerful rulers, guides, and grids.
- We’ve given performance a bit of a boost with this release, particularly when it comes to navigating around large documents.
- When you open a Cloud document from the Documents window, you’ll now see its download progress on the thumbnail you’ve just clicked on, instead of in a popup. Because let’s face it, we’d all like fewer popups in the world.
- If you were ever unlucky enough to run into a “file doesn’t exist” error when trying to reopen a Cloud document, first of all, we’re sorry about that. Secondly, we’ve been working hard to reduce the chance of you ever seeing it again. Finally, if you do see it again, the error message should now be far more helpful.
- We’ve improved the appearance of resize handles in the middle of layers so they look sharper, even on non-Retina displays.
- For all you fans of super-organised Libraries, you can now create a group with just a single Component in it. Simply right-click on it in the Components Panel and choose “Group” from the contextual menu.
- You can now copy a link to a Cloud document by right-clicking on its thumbnail in the Documents window and choosing “Copy Link”. In other words, you no longer have to open a Cloud document in Sketch or in the browser to share its URL.
- You can now select Round to Pixel from the Arrange menu when any selection you make includes layers on sub-pixels.
- Fixes a bug where the Documents window would refresh all its contents and not remember the selection position if you reopened it or switched back to it after focusing on another window.
- Fixes a bug where Symbols in Cloud Library documents were inserted as Library Symbols, rather than displaying them as local Symbols.
- Fixes a bug where selection hairlines appeared over the top of point handles in the vector editor. This didn’t affect how anything worked, but it looked messy, so we’ve tidied it up.
- Fixes a crash that could occur when you imported password-protected PDF files.
- Fixes a bug where editing bitmaps in a Symbol master wouldn’t always show the updates correctly in overridden instances of that Symbol.
- Fixes a crash that could occur when using the color picker on macOS Catalina.
- Fixes a bug where pressing the down arrow key after you’d searched for something in the Typefaces popover would dismiss it, instead of highlighting the first result.
- Fixes a crash that could occur if you attempted to apply Data to a combined shape.
- Fixes a bug where choosing Edit Styles… in the Inspector wouldn’t always show the correct information in the Components Panel.
- Fixes a bug where the Artboard popover would sometimes get a little shy and hide itself slightly off the side of the screen.
- Fixes a crash that could occur if you attempted to pick colors from external displays while another app was in Fullscreen mode on that display.
macOS 10.13.4 or later, 64-bit processor