Shapes is a simple, elegant diagramming app for OS X. Shapes gives you all of the most important features you need in a diagramming tool without all the extra cruft, and without breaking the bank!
Shapes is great for programmers and Web designers looking for a simple tool for quickly designing charts, laying out wireframes, or visualizing model relationships.
Shapes lets you get to work quickly by giving you just the basic tools you need in a slick, single-window, thoroughly Mac-native UI. Bonus: Shapes also offers full-screen mode. Woo!
- NEW: The canvas has been completely re-written for Shapes 4.0, providing vastly improved accuracy in canvas dragging, drawing, and positioning.
- NEW: Vastly improved support for shape rotation, including a new rotation handle for selected shapes.
- NEW: Powerful new "Path" object allows for complex lines with multiple (unlimited) segments and adjustable "roundness" from right angles to very curvy.
- NEW: New .shapesdoc file format with improved file-size efficiency.
- NEW: QuickLook support for .shapesdoc documents.
- NEW: Improved line "connection" feature. Now lines can be connected to any point on a shape's rectangular frame (not just the center point of the four sides, as before).
- NEW: New shapes in the Library palette: Person, Callout (speech bubble), Cylinder, Pie, 3D Box, Swoosh, Home, Note, Folder, Input, Double Input.
- NEW: Select global "line join style": Square, Rounded, or Chamfered.
- NEW: Improved support for editing the z-index ordering of shapes in the Outline palette.
- NEW: Improved "Rounded Rectangle" shape allows rounding of either 4 corners or just two.
- NEW: Improved "Diamond" shape allows adjusting the side angles.
- NEW: Improved "Segmented Line" shape allows curving the line angles and also extending the lines in additional directions.
OS X 10.8 or later