The Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a small desktop program you can install locally on your PC, Mac, or Linux machine which spiders websites’ links, images, CSS, script, and apps from an SEO perspective. It fetches key onsite elements for SEO, presents them in tabs by type, and allows you to filter for common SEO issues, or slice-and-dice the data how you see fit by exporting into Excel. You can view, analyse, and filter the crawl data as it’s gathered and updated continuously in the program’s user interface.
The Screaming Frog SEO Spider allows you to quickly crawl, analyse, and audit a site from an onsite SEO perspective. It’s particularly good for analysing medium-to-large sites, where manually checking every page would be extremely labour-intensive (or impossible!) and where you can easily miss a redirect, meta refresh, or duplicate page issue.
The SEO Spider allows you to export key onsite SEO elements (url, page title, meta description, headings etc) to Excel so it can easily be used as a base to make SEO recommendations from.
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is free to use, but imposes certain restrictions. Purchase of a license adds the following functionality:
- The 500 URI crawl limit is removed
- You can access ALL the configuration options
- You can save and re-upload crawls
- You can search for anything in the source code of a website with the custom source code search feature
- You get support for any technical issues with the software
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
OS X 10.7.3 or later, Intel 64