Rocket Typist is a modern Mac application, created with simplicity in mind. During a regular day, most of us type the same text over and over again, wasting an enormous amount of time in the process. Why not let your computer do some of that work for you? Once you have collected your snippets, you will never have to type them again. Here are just a few examples:
- Commonly repeated phrases such as “How are you?”
- Signatures with or without images
- Current date and time
- Names, addresses and other contact details
- Hard to remember technical terms
- Support replies to your customers
- Code snippets for developers
- Type an abbreviation and expend it into a snippet
- Use macros to make your snippets more dynamic
- Snippets can either be plain or rich text
- Select snippets from your Mac’s Touch Bar
- Export and import snippets
- Optional iCloud synchronisation has been added. (Requires macOS 10.12 or newer)
- The new cursor macro allows you to set the cursor at a certain position after the snippet has been inserted.
- The new key macro lets simulates special keys such as return or tab which amongst other things make it easier to use snippets with forms.
- A user manual has been added. You can access it from the help menu. (English version only at the moment)
- The Macro Manager has been added to easily reuse Text Field and Dropdown-Menu macros across multiple snippets.
- Abbreviations can now be configured to only work or not work with certain applications per category. You can also disable abbreviations for a whole category.
- macOS 10.13 Dark Mode support has been added.
- An export dialog has been added. You can access it via the File menu.
- Many characters that were not allowed for abbreviations are now allowed. (?"*)(=⁽⁾⁼₌₍₎…")
- Multi row for long text field macro default text is now support.
- Settings interface of all macro types has been improved.
- The most recently selected row of the snippet list is now being remembered when the snippet editor closes.
- The sidebar item ‚All Snippets’ shows you all snippets of all categories at a glance.
- Deleting a snippet moves it to a trash so it is easier to recover snippets that have been deleted by accident.
- The window that asks you to fill out a text field now stays on top so you can copy and paste text from other applications. You can close the window in the upper left corner.
- You can now see your Rocket Typist Pro license code from within the app and deactivate it per machine. (Website version only)
- The public snippets can be hidden via the preferences.
- Many more features, bug fixes and other stuff I forgot to add to the change log. :)
- Typing multiple question marks could lead to random insertion of snippets.
- Accessing the snippet editor when another app was in fullscreen mode did not always work as expected.
- Exporting many snippets with the same name did not always work.
- Multiple dropdown macros with the same title may have been asked to get selected more than once.
- Search did only work as expected when using lowercased letters.
- Some icons appeared blurry.
- Sometimes a connection to the crash server was established when not necessary.
- Sometimes the automatic title for a snippet did not change when editing the snippet text.
- The app crashed in trial mode when the user tried to add a clipboard macro.
- The sidebar interface could be messed up when a large or small sidebar font size has been chosen in the System Preferences.
- Typing quickly could lead Rocket Typist to crash.
- Using Expose to access the editor window did not always work as expected.
- Using multiple abbreviations in very quick succession with Auto-Paste enables could crash the app.
OS X 10.11.5 or later, 64-bit processor