PowerTunes allows iTunes users to create multiple libraries, organize their music among multiple music folders, and share music and libraries between multiple users on a machine.
In addition to simply creating and keeping track of your libraries, PowerTunes also offers many additional features to help organize your music. Users can copy music back and forth between their libraries while maintaining all their ratings, play counts, and other information stored in iTunes. This allows libraries to be split up into smaller ones, or merged together into larger ones.
PowerTunes also offers a one-step solution for sharing iTunes libraries and music among multiple user accounts on a machine, allows users to fix dead tracks whose files have gone missing, finds orphaned music files in their music folders, and much more.
- Updated for compatibility with OS X 10.10 and iTunes 12
- Fixed an error message that could occur when importing certain music files into a library
- Fixed a bug when merging where we would claim there was not enough free space when there actually was
- If the "New libraries use preferences from library X" setting is being used, we now properly copy the "Copy files to iTunes media folder" iTunes preference when creating a new library
- We now display an error message when trying to share a library on a network disk
- We now display an error message instead of a blank view if there is a problem loading a library's contents
- Fixed a crash that could occur when duplicating an iTunes library
- Fixed a crash that could occur when reading certain iTunes library files
- Fixed an error that could occur trying to match duplicates based on bit rate
OS X 10.7 or later