PowerPhotos allows you to break up your Photos.app images among multiple Photos libraries, rather than having to store all of them in one giant library. You can easily switch between libraries, or just browse the photos in your libraries directly from PowerPhotos, without having to open each library in Photos.
PowerPhotos also supports searching across all your libraries at once to help track down a particular photo. If you use iCloud Photo Library to sync photos with your other devices, splitting up your library can help save on iCloud storage costs. Use a single library to hold a smaller collection that you sync with iCloud, while keeping the bulk of your photos in separate libraries so they don’t take up space on iCloud. PowerPhotos can analyze your libraries for duplicate photos, showing them to you side-by-side and letting you get rid of extra copies of photos that you no longer need.
- Added a preference to customize the background color when browsing photos
- Fixed an issue where a single photo could be copied to another library twice
- Fixed a bug where some smart albums with a "Photo is X" criterion would not be populated correctly
- Fix a crash that could occur during some long running merge operations
- Added support for Photos 2.0 on macOS Sierra
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor