NeoFinder (formerly CDFinder) rapidly organizes your data, either on external or internal disks, or any other volumes. It catalogs all your data, so you stay in control of your data archive or disk library. With extensive metadata support, you can find your files quickly.
- Catalog: any hard disk, data folder, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, BlueRay, HD-DVD, iPod, Server Volume, Audio-CD, USB-Stick, FTP-Server, and more
- Power: Handle really large amounts of data
- Photo Previews: Create beautiful thumbnails for many photo and image formats, such as JPG, TIFF, EPS, RAW, PDF, PSD, BMP, GIF, PNG, TGA, IFF (Maya)
- Audio Meta Data: MP3, AAC (iTunes), FLAC (Lossless), ALAC (Apple Lossless), and AIFF meta data: author, album, title, composer, lyrics, cover art, track number, duration, bit rate, genre, year, comment. Even catalogs whole Audio-CDs, and Apple iPhone ringtone files!
- Photo Meta Data: XMP (used by Adobe Bridge), EXIF and IPTC meta data (including GPS geotags), and JPG, TIFF, PICT and BMP photo details
- Movie Meta Data: get thumbnails, the dimension, duration, codec and frame rate out of movie files, supporting AVI, MOV, MP4, FLV, MPG, MKV, M4V, and others
- Geotagging GPS support: NeoFinder catalogs and displays GPS EXIF tags of photos, and has direct links to Google Earth, Flickr, Panoramio, Google Maps and MapQuest. NeoFinder can even search for photos that were taken near any location (GeoFinder), and export GPS data to KMZ files
- Networkable: Share your NeoFinder database in your entire workgroup (requires a Business License)
- Cross-platform: with abeMeda (was CDWinder), you can use one database for both worlds!
- Workflow Integration: Automatically catalog all discs burned by Roxio Toast; Drag any image directly from NeoFinder into applications like Adobe InDesign, Quark XPress, Apple Pages, Microsoft Office; integrate NeoFinder into FileMaker Pro databases, and much more
- Find it! Best Find functions, and of course offline browsing of all your volumes – even in multiple windows, if you want to
- Spotlight Integration: Search your local disks with Spotlight and as well as your catalogs from inside NeoFinder
- Import Catalogs: These twelve formats are supported: Disk Recall, DiskWizard, Iomega FindIt, Portents DiskTracker (both 1.x and 2.x!), Catalogue, CatFinder, “Neometric” Catalog, DiskLibrary, Broken Cross Disk Manager (Windows), and Advanced Disk Catalog (ADC for Windows) catalog or export files, and iView MediaPro and Microsoft Expression Media XML files
- Fast and really easy to use, see screenshots
- Export and print catalog data
- Insight: Look inside archive files: ZIP, TAR, .rar, StuffIt (.sit and even .sitx), and others, including Disk Image contents
- International: English, German, French, Italian, Swedish, Spanish and Dutch user interface, all in one application
- Unicode compatible: Use NeoFinder to catalog file names of any language
- AppleScript: Integrate NeoFinder with FileMaker Pro or any other application, or extend the abilities of NeoFinder
- Extend your NeoFinder catalog database by using five custom fields for any content you need
- FileCheck: Only NeoFinder can generate an industrial strength MD5 checksum for every file being cataloged
- AutoMount: NeoFinder automatically mounts every server volume you have cataloged or updated for you, if needed! And you can of course also ask NeoFinder to mount the volume for you at any time, using the context menu
- QuickLook: Open a QuickLook window for any selected online file(s) right from inside NeoFinder!
- Cross-Grade: you already bought a different disk cataloger or media asset manager application, ask us for a good offer!
- Free email support
- Languages: User Interface in eight languages, all in one application: English, German, Japanese, French, Italian, Swedish, Spanish and Dutch
New features and enhancements:
- Catalog, display, edit, create and export custom metadata or annotation fields for photos and videos
- The iView Importer can read these custom annotations as well
- Find Faces will find all thumbnails in a catalog containing a face, and display a green rectangle in the Inspector as well (can be turned off in the Inspector Settings)
- AutoUpdater has been massively expanded. It can run schedules on specific weekdays, or when a volume is mounted, or when NeoFinder is launched
- NeoFinder 7.5 is certified to run in macOS 10.15. We still very highly recommend to wait with the update to macOS 10.15 at least until 10.15.5 is released next year
- NeoFinder is "notarized", which Apple promises is supposed increase the security. Or so
- Icon View can display up to 3 lines of metadata or annotations, and you can chose what you want to see
- Photo Contact Sheet also uses up to 3 freely selectable metadata lines
- NeoFinder can use Aliases in the Database Folder pointing to other folders (Business License only)
- Edit EXIF dates in photos, to adjust time offsets, and more
- Play a selected video in Gallery View by pressing the Space key, directly inside the NeoFinder window!
- Navigate to the next or previous item in the Inspector with a menu or keyboard command for much faster metadata editing
- Inspector: Select which sections should be displayed
- Sort the Icon View by Duration
- The Display Filter remembers your settings for the first menu. Keep that in mind if you wonder why NeoFinder may not show all expected items...
- Find Editor can search for file kind "Email"
- Find Editor can search for "codec is NOT"
- "Export Photos as..." is a separate menu command in the Item menu, with Shift-Command-E as a hotkey
- Photo Export can apply XMP Metadata Presets to the exported file
- Copy->Path will copy the full macOS style path of a file if it is online
- Catalog the text content of ".md" (markdown) files
- Visual adjustments in the main window. The slider is now at the right edge underneath the content, and the text with the number of items always in the center as well
- NeoFinder can catalog the boot volume in macOS 10.15 properly
- Photo Export handles rotated photos better
- Cataloging: Phase One EIP files is much faster, and supports all file variations
- Export Photos can export to PDF and HEIC format
- Added more items to the Info.plist to describe the use of the new Folder Cages introduced by Apple in 10.15
- Copy and Paste of a GPS Geotag will use the view direction, too
- Compiled using the "hardened runtime", which should make things safer, Apple claims
- Improved cataloging of certain Person metadata inside of NEF files
- Improved behaviour changing the ratings or labels when multiple items were selected for QuickLook
- New progress window when pasting metadata into more than 10 items
- Massive speed improvements when Updating catalogs with items whose thumbnails were generated by QuickLook
- Improved Spotlight search for Paths
- Improved behaviour when searching for video codecs in the Find Editor
- Improved handling of selecting multiple items in the Icon View
- Fixes a problem with the incorrect menu commands for Person tokens in the Inspector for offline items
- Many small fixes and improvements
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor