Vallum is a little tool that helps you monitor and block application connections. It is able to intercept connections at the application layer, and hold them while you decide whether to pass or block them. Vallum’s interface is very simple and is icon-based. Its default configuration is not intrusive, and it does not require any interaction or specific networking knowledge or skills. Just drag an app’s icon from the Finder into the main Vallum window to block it. To change Vallum’s attitude and interaction level, you just have to play with the very few options available. Intercept apps that leak data on the network, drag apps’ icons to create firewall rules, run the firewall with one mouse click: Vallum is friendly, it stays in a corner of your Mac’s menu bar on top of the screen, it does not pollute your Dock and your desktop, it features a simple interface that everybody can use, and it’s powerful because it lets you create complex setups with jails, mixed rules, notification pop-up alerts, and temporary rules, at both application- and network-level interacting with Murus and the macOS built-in PF packet filter.
Murus unleashes the great power of PF, offering a very wide set of features. It is the most complete front-end for PF. and is bundled with the companion app, Murus Logs Visualizer. Access all advanced options to build and maintain a fully customized network infrastructure with your Mac.
- Increase your privacy, intercept apps that leak data on the network
- Drag and drop apps icons to create firewall rules, run the firewall with one mouse click
- Be notified of hidden network activities, discover what happens behind the scene
- Simple interface, no need for special networking knowledge, everybody can use it
- Choose between different levels of interactions or run a completely silent firewall
- Work at both application- and network-level to gain full control of your Mac
- It’s friendly: it stays in a corner of your Mac’s menu bar on top of the screen, it does not pollute your dock and your desktop. One click to install, one click to uninstall
- It’s powerful: create complex setups with jails, mixed rules, temporary rules, at both application- and network-level
- It respects your privacy, it does not phone home or leak any kind of data on the network
- Bugs fixed.
OS X 10.9.0 or later, 64-bit processor