MKVtoolnix is a set of tools to create, alter, and inspect Matroska files under OS X, Linux and other Unices, and Windows. They do for Matroska what the OGMtools do for the OGM format and then some.
Since May 1st 2003, the Matroska libraries themselves and my Matroska tools are officially released as a first public beta version. Although all of them are still under heavy development, I urge you to download the software, test it and report any errors you encounter to me. I’m always grateful for good bug reports because I miss so many mistakes and you guys normally find them. Your feedback is important to me 🙂
Note: MKVtoolnix is a free software. You can download in the official website.
New features and enhancements:
- Mkvmerge: mkvmerge now allows appending AV1, VP8, VP9, H.264/AVC and H.265/HEVC tracks whose pixel dimensions differ
- Source code: fixed building with Boost 1.71.0
- All: fixed the spelling of the H.264 & H.265 codec names
- Mkvmerge: Blu-ray MPLS handling: mkvmerge will now find corresponding M2TS files even if the `clip_codec_identifier` playlist item field is not set to `M2TS` in the MPLS file
- Mkvmerge: fixed handling of text files that use both DOS-style and Unix-style line endings resulting in problems such as text subtitle files not being parsed correctly
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor