macOS Mojave delivers new features inspired by its most powerful users but designed for everyone. Stay focused on your work using Dark Mode. Organize your desktop using Stacks. Experience three new built-in apps. And discover new apps in the reimagined Mac App Store.
- Experience a dramatic new look for your Mac that puts your content front and centre while controls recede into the background.
- Enjoy new app designs that are easier on your eyes in dark environments.
- View an ever-changing desktop picture with Dynamic Desktop.
- Automatically organize your desktop files by kind, date or tag using Stacks.
- Capture stills and video of your screen using the new Screenshot utility.
- Find your files visually using large previews in Gallery View.
- See full metadata for all file types in the Preview pane.
- Rotate an image, create a PDF and more – right in the Finder using Quick Actions.
- Mark up and sign PDFs, crop images, and trim audio and video files using Quick Look.
- Photograph an object or scan a document nearby using your iPhone, and it automatically appears on your Mac.
Mac App Store
- Browse handpicked apps in the new Discover, Create, Work and Play tabs.
- Discover the perfect app and make the most of those you have with stories, curated collections and videos.
- Search with lyrics to find a song using a few of the words you remember.
- Start a personalized station of any artist’s music from the enhanced artist pages.
- Enjoy the new Friends Mix, a playlist of songs your friends are listening to.
- Block Share and Like buttons, comment widgets and embedded content from tracking you without your permission with enhanced Intelligent Tracking Prevention.
- Prevent websites from tracking your Mac using a simplified system profile that makes you more anonymous online.
- Create a customized watchlist and view interactive charts that sync across your Mac and iOS devices.
- Make audio recordings, listen to them as you work with other apps, or use them in a podcast, song or video.
- Access audio clips from your iPhone on your Mac using iCloud.
- Organize and control all of your HomeKit accessories from your desktop.
- Receive real-time notifications from your home devices while you work.
The macOS Mojave 10.14.4 update includes bug fixes and improvements, improves the stability and reliability of your Mac
- Adds Dark Mode support for websites that support custom colour schemes
- Streamlines website login when filling credentials with Password AutoFill
- Allows push notification prompts only after interacting with a website
- Adds a warning when an insecure web page is loaded
- Removes support for the expired Do Not Track standard to prevent potential use as a fingerprinting variable; Intelligent Tracking Prevention now protects against cross-site tracking by default
- Shows more editorial highlights on a single page in the Browse tab, making it easier to discover new music, playlists and more in Apple Music
- Adds support for new AirPods (2nd generation)
- Supports Air Quality Index in Maps for US, UK and India
- Improves the quality of audio recordings in Messages
- Provides enhanced support for external GPUs in Activity Monitor
- Fixes an App Store issue that may have prevented adoption of the latest versions of Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iMovie and GarageBand
- Improves the reliability of USB audio devices when used with MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and Mac mini models introduced in 2018
- Corrects the default screen brightness for MacBook Air (Autumn 2018)
- Fixes a graphics compatibility issue that may occur on some external displays connected to Mac mini (2018)
- Resolves Wi-Fi connection issues that may occur after upgrading to macOS Mojave
- Fixes an issue where re-adding an Exchange account may cause it to disappear from Internet Accounts
- Fixes an issue where AOL user passwords may be frequently requested in Mail
OS X 10.8 or later