Keep It is for writing notes, saving web links, storing documents, and finding them again. Available on Mac, and as a separate app for iPhone and iPad, changes are automatically made available to all your devices with iCloud. Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
- Create, edit, view and save:
- Notes with styles, checklists and attachments that look good and read well on all your devices
- Web links with live previews, or saved as PDFs for offline viewing
- Rich and plain text files, and Markdown documents
- Add any other kind of file, and see previews for most images, documents, web pages, and more
- See summaries and thumbnails in the list for most files
- Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately
- Share items with iCloud
- Folders let you organise things hierarchically – select a folder to see everything it and its subfolders contain
- Use bundles to gather items into one place – items can be in more than one bundle at a time
- Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition
- Add searchable tags and comments
- Make items favorites and drag lists to the Favorites Bar for quick access
- Search and Filter:
- Search everything in Keep It: names, tags, file contents, dates, kinds and more
- Choose suggestions as you search to create complex searches with ease
- Use keywords and natural language for dates while searching
- Save searches for later reuse
- Use the Tag Filter to see all items with a tag and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further
- Use Keep It with other apps:
- Compact Mode reduces the app to a single column, ideal for using alongside other apps
- Drag pretty much anything to Keep It
- Copy clickable links to items in Keep It
- Share extension can add links, text, images and other files, and append text to notes from within other apps
- Save files to Keep It’s folders to automatically add them to the library
- Use a bookmarklet to add links from web browsers that don’t use Share extensions
- Fixed an issue where creating a note with the share extension in another app wouldn’t work when Keep It wasn’t running.
- Fixed an issue where files could be attached twice to notes and rich text documents when using the Format > Attach Files menu command.
- Fixed an issue where Keep It would not indicate when an item’s file is missing in iCloud after failing to download it.
- Fixed an issue where unresponsive Quick Look thumbnails could cause an issue saving to iCloud on macOS Catalina.
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor