iShowU Studio, built from day one with a single core idea: easy screen recording and editing on your Mac — so that it’s easy to capture what you need; edit; and then share where you want to. It’s easy to add text, annotations, transitions, pointers, and highlights, and then to share your result. Features you’ve come to expect in the iShowU “series” have been supercharged: screen and camera recording, mouse highlighting and keyboard animations take on a new lease on life now that you can edit when and how they appear. Did we mention we’ve reworked uploading too? Take the best realtime capture, then mix in world-class editing — and voilà, that’s iShowU Studio 2!
- Ready for Catalina
- App is now notarized
- Fixed bug where sometimes iShowU would not record on some systems with odd numbered horizontal resolutions
- Much faster prompt for screen access (if not enabled in System Preferences)
- Light mode comes to Studio 2. Use Studio2 in dark/light/auto mode as you'd like. New beautiful UI and coloring
- Lots of re-work on the codebase. Faster operation
- Redone menu bar, now flat/modern, with a more pleasing feel
- Far more subtle UI colouring now. Emphasis colors follow the System Preferences 'accent color'
- All context UI's given more visual space (better feel)
- Changed default shortcut for retake-recording (made it cmd-shift-option-R), so it's less likely to conflict with existing/other apps
- Reworked icons and UI, easier to look at all round
- Improved UI speed
- Various (many!) bugs fixed & internal improvements
- Greatly increased logging output when recording fails, to aid in debugging
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor