IINA is the modern video player for macOS.
- For and only for modern macOS – IINA is born to be a modern macOS application, from its framework to user interface. It adopts the post-Yosemite design language and keeps up the pace of new technologies like Force Touch and Touch Bar.
- Revolutionary user experience – IINA simplified a lot of user interactions. In addition of traditional cascaded menus, it prefer using interactive UI components and gestures to give you intuitive, flexible and powerful control of the playback.
- Powerful functionality – Based on MPV, one of the most powerful media player projects ever, IINA supports almost all common media types (even GIF) and stably output high-quality video that optimized for retina screen. MPV’s config file and script system are also integrated.
- You are the target user – IINA is made by a user like you, who (may be) also having been expected for a powerful and elegant media player on macOS for years. Whether you just got your first Mac or are already a professional MPV user, IINA will satisfy you for its customizability and expandability.
- Add support for OpenSubtitles
- Please set "Subtitle source" to "opensubtitles.org"
- Auto complete for subtitle language settings
- Display document icon in titlebar
- Right click titlebar to show path menu
- More gesture controls：
- Customizing vertical and horizontal scrolling actions
- Setting sensitivity for volume (and seek)
- Support pinch gesture (to zoom window or toggle fullscreen)
- Optimize for mouses that don't support precise scrolling
- Human readable key binding settings, doesn't require knowledge on mpv command
- Improved open URL dialog, add GUI for HTTP authentication
- Support url containing spaces / lacking protocol
- Support mpv's
- Support Apple Remote
- Fix prevent/allow sleep not working when pause/resume by right click
- Fix standard buttons (traffic lights) may be disabled after opening new files (in build 15)
- Fix wrong aspect ratio when playing some portrait videos recorded by mobile devices
- Fix "saving downloaded sub" always saves the last subtitle
- Fix the logic of whether resetting speed to normal when paused
- Fix hanging when using some custom mpv.conf
- Fix audio language preference not work
- Other bug fixes
- Now shortcuts for sidebar (Cmd+A/V/S/P/C) will switch to panel/tab directly
- Set default UI auto hide time to 2.5s (5s in previous version)
- Ignore hidden files when adding files into playlist
- Better synchronization of sliders and text fields (for play speed, sub/audio delay)
- Update "About" window
- Allow decimal numbers for sub settings, like border, shadow
- Change default screenshot folder to "~/Pictures/Screenshots"
- Polish translation
- Other enhancements
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor