HighDesign is the alternative, full-featured 2D computer-aided design (CAD) solution for macOS that combines advanced drafting and design tools with a modern, efficiency-oriented user interface designed to assist the user in all the phases of the creative process. HighDesign provides an extensive range of drawing and editing functions, from the essential drafting methods to more advanced, DXF/DWG compatibility, parametric tools like vector hatches and patterns, smart annotations, symbols with multiple views, walls, columns, windows and doors, and more. Developed specifically for the actual needs of architects, engineers, and design professionals, it allows users to design complex projects with precision and extensive control over the diverse parts of the project.
- Easy project management with groups, unlimited layers and resources like symbols, line types, hatches, and vector patterns that can be easily extended and customized.
- Advanced selection and search functions.
- Bindings between tools and layers, layers and colors, and colors and pen weights for one-click project organization.
- Snap to grid, objects, intersections, right angle, tangent and smart alignments that automatically recognize perpendicular and parallel directions and intersections between two alignments.
- Color fills and gradients with varying colors and transparency for all closed shapes.
- Rich library of symbols, line types, hatches and patterns.
- New Rectangle by Center method
- Faster refresh during construction and editing of objects
- [PRO] PDF: added support for project views
- [PRO] PDF: added new, cross-platform filters
- Angular and Radial dimensions can now be fully associative
- Improved angular dimension construction and editing
- Texts and Annotations: added hexagonal shape; improved appearance and spacing of other shapes; changed Ellipse shape to Oval shape; improved support of border colour
- Annotations: improved position of label and edit box
- Object Info now shows a Properties button for objects that have advanced properties
- Print Area by default now shows only the page sizes that are appropriate for the current unit system
- Linear Dimensions: added new Automatic label orientation to have the label always oriented to top and left directions
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements
OS X 10.8.5 or later, 64-bit processor