Glyphs is a simple to use Mac OS X app designed to allow anyone to create new fonts and modify letterforms with ease. Glyphs’ main focus lays on streamlining the workflow. Glyphs also comes with support for scripting. Scripts can help with a lot of repetitive tasks and will allow you to access all internal data and methods.
The font editor for everyone.
Glyphs’ smart and simple approach helps you draw new fonts, modify existing fonts, and sculpt your letterforms hassle-free.
- Allow Re-interpolate on all selected layers.
- Global guides now also show in Brace and Bracket layers.
- Keep names and Unicode values for Private Use Area glyphs.
- Prevent corners from being dragged.
- Improved copying glyphs from one font to another.
- Improved undo with components.
- Fixed application of Transformation filter on text selection containing a control character (e.g., newline).
- Fixed display of View > Show Master Compatibility.
- Fixed undo after Filter > Fix Compatibility.
- Added mkmk GPOS variation.
- Improved variation of anchors from components.
- Fixed mark positioning with with anchors from nested components.
- Fixed .designspace import.
Import & Export::
- Fixed issues with nested components in component checker on opening older files.
- Run import validation on all imported files, including UFO and TTF.
- Added option to show layers affected by the Component Move warning.
- Better handle production names if Use Custom Naming is set.
- Fixed duplicate production name when glyph is duplicated in Edit view.
- Longer glyph names are possible now.
- Read/write displayStrings to UFO.
- Fixed reading of files with Windows line endings.
- Fixed an issue with local GlyphData.
- Fixed scaling on export.
- Improved and accelerated TTF export.
- Fixed rare issue with TrueType instructions on intersection points.
- Fixed ttfAutohint settings (use --stem-width-mode).
- Fixed bug in ttfAutohint option parsing.
Localizations and Language Support:
- Improved Bulgarian Cyrillic sidebar entries (thx Krista and Botio).
- Updated Chinese, Korean, Portuguese and French localizations.
- Remove non-ASCII localization for default font name.
- Add Update button to the vanilla warning dialog.
- Add Variable Font and UFO support to the Python export function font.export(Format=VARIABLE/UFO) and instance.generate(Format=UFO).
- Fixed plugins that use Robofab and FontTools.
- Fixed problem with objectsGS.py, which should fix the recent Drawbot problems.
- Now macro output is always visible in Window > Macro Panel.
- Use unique file names for generated image files (after pasting an image into a glyph).
- Improved sorting by Unicode in Window > Glyph Info.
- Improved the handling of trial and EULA dialogs.
- Improved storage of document settings in .glyphs file.
- Improved appearance in fullscreen mode.
- Better error reporting.
- Improved stability and performance.
- Small fixes and improvements.
OS X 10.9.5 or later, 64-bit processor