Folx combines two functionalities – of download manager and torrent client. It makes downloading extremely easy: just open the page with the file to be downloaded, click the link in your browser, and Folx will start the download for you. Its auto-resume option comes handy when the downloading gets interrupted. You can also assign a tag or a few to the downloaded content for accurate and easy search through the downloaded files.
There are many basic features included in the free trial. However, the Pro version brings such handy features as splitting the downloads in up to 20 threads which speeds up the download process; scheduling the download tasks according to your convenience; smart speed adjustment option (download speed will be adjusted automatically whenever you need to use Internet traffic to run other applications), iTunes integration, searching the web for torrents directly from Folx and password manager.
- Added: an ability to choose encryption of connections with peers.
- Improved: when enabling the option “On task completion move .torrents to”, torrent files are moved and not copied to the specified folder.
- Fixed: an issue when adding torrent files via magnet links.
- Fixed: an issue with adding downloads from some servers with a space in URL.
- Fixed: an issue with adding downloads from some servers with non-Latin characters in URL.
- Fixed: an issue with adding downloads through browser extensions.
- Fixed: an issue with port number randomization when closing the Preferences window.
- Other minor fixes and stability improvements.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor