FilePane is a lightweight, versatile multi-tool for quick file management. It provides quick access to a variety of tasks like resizing of images, setting the Desktop picture, showing file size, copying a file’s path to the clipboard, converting text documents to PDF, moving and sharing files, images, and text via AirDrop, Twitter/Facebook, etc. By default, FilePane is triggered on drag-and-drop, but you can change this to a hotkey in preferences.
How it works:
- Just start dragging file(s), text, or image(s) across the screen to see the FilePane “drop” panel. Now drop the item(s) on it.
- The app detects the file type and shows quick actions associated with the item(s) you’ve just dropped.
FilePane is not bound to Finder only, but works with other apps like Safari, mail clients, and text editors.
- You can now keep both files, if a file with the same name already exists at destination path (only Skip or Replace options were available earlier)
- Fixed a bug that caused copy progress freeze, if you physically removed the external Volume, while still running copy/move operation
- Fixed a rare bug, when in some rare cases and for some external drives, source file could have been deleted
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor