Display Maestro gives you full control over attached displays, allowing the usage of all available resolutions and bit depths. This is done by ignoring the operating system setting of hiding potentially unsafe resolutions.
It is ideal for running legacy games which require 256-color mode and do not automatically switch the screen depth for you. Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard removed the ability to set 256 color mode manually using the built-in preferences pane, but the feature is now available here in Display Maestro!
Display Maestro is a small application which can be configured to launch during login, and sits quietly in the menu bar. Upon exit, it will also automatically revert your display back to the resolution chosen before it was launched.
- Shows Mac OS X display icons.
- Contact support from the menu.
- Press Command-Option-Shift-] to show the application menu even if you cannot see it in the menubar.
- Redesigned interface to suit Yosemite.
- Prevention of Command-Q to quit by accident.
- Details Window no longer opens more than once for the same display.
OS X 10.7 or later