DiskWarrior is the essential Mac disk utility.
Everything just disappeared after your Mac went haywire. All your work documents. The music you most enjoy. The movie of your kid’s first steps. It’s your life and it’s gone. Don’t panic! DiskWarrior will find your documents, photos, music and any other files when disaster strikes and things go missing.
Perhaps you’ve tried to open a document and all that happens is a color wheel that spins and spins and spins? Or when your Mac starts up, all you get is a blinking question mark? Or you were in the middle of editing a movie and now your external hard disk isn’t on the desktop? Or your MP3s won’t play… Or every time you look through your photos, your Mac crashes. DiskWarrior gets you back up and running fast!
- DiskWarrior repairs disks no other utility program can repair: DiskWarrior can find your missing documents and files. Using a patent-pending, award-winning method of rebuilding directories.
- Just one click finds everything that’s missing or broken. With a single click, DiskWarrior finds all salvageable files and folders and builds a new error-free, optimized directory for you to use.
- You can easily check if your missing documents and items have been recovered. DiskWarrior’s preview feature lets you see how your disk will appear after it is repaired, but before any changes are made. You can even compare your disk in its damaged state to its repaired state.
- DiskWarrior is incredibly safe to use. DiskWarrior verifies your repaired directory to ensure it is error free. It then uses a fail-safe method of replacing the damaged directory to ensure that interruptions such as power outages won’t harm your data.
- 64-Bit - Today's large disks can have large directories. Using the latest 64-bit technology allows DiskWarrior 5 to handle even the largest disks.
- Ships on a bootable flash drive to repair your startup disk - Flash drives start up much faster than DVDs and can be updated as needed.
- Includes the new DiskWarrior Recovery Maker - New Macs have new OS X startup requirements. DiskWarrior Recovery Maker updates your DiskWarrior Recovery flash drive with the latest OS X.
- Runs from OS X Recovery (Recovery HD) - In an emergency, you no longer need a separate startup disk to run DiskWarrior on your startup disk unless your startup disk has partition table damage.
- Repairs partition table damage - Sometimes the damage is to the map that describes all your drive's partitions which makes all your partitions unavailable. DiskWarrior 5 can repair standard Mac GUID partition tables when started from the DiskWarrior Recovery flash drive.
- New architecture - Updated to use the newest OS X technologies while still supporting older PowerPC and Intel Macs that can no longer run the latest OS X.
- Significantly faster - For many disks, directory rebuilding is twice as fast as the previous version.
- Recovers more data from drives with hardware malfunctions - Recover your important files from most failing drives, possibly saving you thousands of dollars in professional recovery costs.
- Detects and repairs more disk problems than ever - The best is even better.
- New Directory Optimization Index - You can tell how efficient your directories are at a glance.
- Repairs Time Machine backup disks - Drives containing Time Machine back ups can have enormous directories that were often too large for DiskWarrior 4. The 64-bit memory addressing of DiskWarrior 5 allows these drives to be repaired or recovered.
OS X 10.5.8 or later