Data Recovery Essential is a fresh, constantly updated, data recovery and undelete app. It also comes with the free daily recovery of up to 100MB, that is perfect if you lost a document or two and need a quick data recovery session right away.
Data Recovery Essential will restore all existing file formats: images and photos, music, documents, videos, ZIP and other compressed files, etc. If your lost data is not recoverable with our Quick Scan or your file system has been damaged, Deep Scan and other extensive data retrieval algorithms will reconstruct your files based on our unique collection of binary file signatures (which is also constantly updated).
Data Recovery Essential scans all existing file systems, including HFS+, NTFS, FAT32, EXT4 and others, and will also be able to find deleted data after accidental or incomplete disk format. All internal and external storage devices supported: your Mac’s main hard drive, any mountable external disks, USB flash thumb drives, cameras, memory cards, and even other Macs.
Data Recovery Essential app was created by CleverFiles, the team of top-notch experts in data recovery for Macs.
A regular data rescue process with Data Recovery Essential starts with creating a disk image from the storage device where the lost files reside. This step is very easy to accomplish and is required to prevent further data loss if the target drive has mechanical issues.
Once the disk image is created, load it into Data Recovery Essential app and scan it for deleted data. The app will then show all your recoverable files in a well-structured list that can be searched and filtered. You can recover selected files or just dump everything to another disk or destination and sort it out later. The data recovery process is very fast, smooth and clear.
- Overall improvements for macOS 10.15 Catalina
- New: smart ExFAT recovery algorithms
- New: file signatures added to Deep Scan - AU (Audacity audio files) and PCX (bitmap images)
- LaCie devices recovery: critical improvements, disk disconnection prevention
- FAT32: improved support of lost partition recovery
- Disk Drill gets better at detecting and scanning external USB storage devices on macOS 10.15 Catalina
- Improved: original file location detection in Quick Scan
- Improved: recovery of fragmented files on ExFAT partitions
- Minor UI and tutorial enhancements
- Fixed: false detections of HFS+ partitions
- Fixed: rare cases with file name recovery during HFS+ Quick Scan
- Fixed: empty disk labels on macOS Catalina
OS X 10.8.5 or later, 64-bit processor