Artista Impresso Pro (Includes: Layers, Brushing)
Use layers to combine paint styles and depth for impressionism strokes that stand out
For professionals who like creative control we give you Layers for blending multiple paint styles and brushes. Also included is an ultra-impressionism effect called ‘Tache’ to cover the painting with broken brush strokes, or dabs of color, that literally stand out—apply them sparsely or cover the entire painting, the choice is yours.
The 19th century brush-wielding Impressionist artists were crazy about flowers and gardens, and it was good. With flowing brush strokes and thickly painted texture, Van Gogh made his sunflowers immortal; with harmonious movement of color, contrast, and form, Monet made his lily pond a celebrity. It took their genius, lifetimes of practice, and navigating the riot of their senses, but these extraordinary artists took what they saw and felt in the petals and leaves and transferred their impressions onto canvasses full of beauty, mood, and meaning.
Lucky you, 21st century software wielding seer and lover of beauty—you have Impresso Pro. With the same enduring attention to detail, light, color, and texure, Impresso transforms your photos into multi-textured, stroke-filled Impressionist masterpieces. And keen eyes will love how Impresso maintains the balance of your piece! The result—captivating, print-worthy paintings brimming with passion, life, and beauty.
A pro workflow adds impressionism styles per layer. With layers, users can blend these styles using brushes to paint on or off areas of the painting! Also included is the powerful ellipse detail tool to add finely painted detail to faces, flowers or to create focal points in landscapes. Once placed move, resize then hit the ‘Apply’ button to render small brushstrokes inside the ellipse. With layers photographers and artists now have the power to composite multiple impressionism styles for impressive results.
Alla Prima (‘wet-on-wet’ or ‘all-at-once’)—is great for portraits! This beautiful paint style starts by filling the painting with an abundance of brushstrokes. A library of artistic finishes compliments this style by adding light, color and movement.
En Plein Air (in open air)—is perfect for landscapes. This stroke-filled effect consists of eight artists’ palettes created by famous impressionists. Use them as they are or edit the paint colors to make your own palette—save preset feature keeps the palette and all the layers intact for future projects.
Tache (‘spot’ or ‘blot’)—applies broken brushstrokes throughout the image. This technique of laying thick patches, flecks and dabs of color is great for making paint look as if it stands out from the surface. Apply a light spackling of strokes or fill the painting with dabs of color.
Canvas—layer is added with each painting created. By creating a canvas layer, it can be turned on or off for viewing strokes created on layers above.
* To add an Impressionism Style, use the add ( + ) tool found on the top of the layers palette. This powerful feature allows you to blend two or more paint styles together.
• Three stroke styles: #1 is a series of straighter strokes, #2 combines the first style with curved ones, and #3 is an abstract set. Then the Tache effect has it’s own custom set of brushes designed for depth.
• Three impressionism styles: Alla Prima, En Plein Air and Tache (pronounced tash)
• Smart layers with built-in Impressionism styles for multi layer types and options to duplicate, reorder, delete
• Control over stroke size, stroke volume, bristle strength & depth, artistic finishes and painted edge
• Save Preset to save customized paint palettes and keep all strokes & layers intact for future projects
• Smart brushes to remove or add impressionism effect
• One-of-a-kind ellipse detail tool renders small brush strokes for those detail areas
• Paper texture
• 70 Artistic finishes
OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor