Araxis Merge is the two- and three-way visual file comparison/merging and folder synchronization application. Use it to compare, understand and combine different versions of source code, Web pages and other text files, or even text copied and pasted from another application (e.g., Pages or Microsoft Word). Merge integrates with Time Machine, so you can compare older versions of files.
Merge is a compelling choice for software developers, lawyers, product release managers, Web designers and other professionals who work with multiple revisions of text files, including ASCII, MBCS and Unicode files. Merge integrates with many version control (VC) and software configuration management (SCM) systems (e.g. Subversion and Perforce) that allow a third-party comparison/merging tool to be specified.
For legal professionals: instantly identify every change by copying text from different contract drafts being edited in another application (such as Microsoft Word) and pasting it directly into a file comparison window. Many more features.
Note: Now requires macOS 10.13 or later
- Merge is fully supported, optimized, and tested on macOS High Sierra
- Image zooming has been completely reworked
- The swap slider on image comparisons is only enabled if there are at least two files that will swap
- Vertical ruler markings (which separate images in multi-image files) are no longer shown in an image comparison panel when the image file contains only a single image
- File and folder history lists are no longer stored in saved Merge preference files or saved comparisons
- The preference to turn-off font smoothing for text in text comparisons has been documented
- Merge no longer crashes in certain circumstances when using auto-complete in the file/folder pathname entry fields
- Text and binary comparisons have been fixed to draw correctly on macOS High Sierra if the Merge application window is resized when an information message is displayed within a file panel and line-wrapping is enabled.
- When Merge is running on macOS High Sierra and no Merge windows are open, clicking the Merge dock icon opens a new default comparison
- Image comparisons now ignore embedded DPI metadata when sizing and displaying images. Previously, embedded metadata could lead to images being drawn at an inappropriate size.
- The background checkerboard for image comparisons no longer extends beyond the image at certain zoom factors
- Dragging and dropping an image on to the whitespace surrounding an image in an image comparison loads that image
- Clicking on the whitespace surrounding an image in an image comparison gives focus to that image’s panel
- It is possible to tab through the controls in the control bar at the bottom of an image comparison when the system is configured for full keyboard access
- Merge will no longer relaunch in certain circumstances after a user has completed a Git conflict resolution and exited Merge
- Minor defects in the Japanese localization have been corrected
- Merge no longer crashes in certain circumstances when using the auto-completion feature of file/folder entry fields
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor