Adobe Illustrator is the companion application to Adobe Photoshop that mainly focuses on the creation and design of logos. For over two decades, Illustrator has provided countless possibilities and high-end options to design professional logos.
More specifically, Adobe Illustrator uses vector based images to help you create personalized logos. In addition, the process of drawing and manipulating basic shapes in Illustrator is greatly streamlined.
From a beginner’s perspective, creating a new logos is pretty easy. The first steep is creating, uniting and manipulating shapes. The next steps consists of coloring the shapes, adding and editing symbols, applying effects, and then making final touches.
Of course, Illustrator provides tons of solutions and customizable parameters to the more experienced and creative logo designer.
The key features are the sophisticated vector drawing tools, working with up to 100 art boards, pattern creation, variable-width strokes, image trace, gradients, rock-solid stability and more.
At its core, Illustrator excels at working with vector graphics images. You can, thus, compose and edit these types of images for printing, video, mobile or the web. Using the advanced path controls, paint brushes and complex shape-building tools, you can achieve spectacular results.
Version 20.0.0 (2015.3):
- Better collaboration with libraries - Control assets in read-only Creative Cloud Libraries so they can be used by team members, but not changed or deleted.
- Updated Libraries panel - Find the assets you need faster with a larger Libraries panel, new filtered search of Adobe Stock, and icons that make it easy to identify licensed Stock assets.
- Work more efficiently with Adobe Stock - License Adobe Stock assets directly in Illustrator via the Libraries and Links panels. And when browsing assets on the Adobe Stock website, open assets directly in Illustrator.
- Fast export of assets and artboards - Select individual assets from one or more artboards, or choose entire artboards, and click once to export them to multiple sizes, resolutions and formats perfect for screen, web and icon workflows.
- Live Shapes and Transform panel updates - A consistent visual experience makes it easier to work with Live Shapes. Controls automatically hide as shapes are scaled to small sizes, and polygons maintain live characteristics after non-uniform scaling. Plus, shapes and paths can be reset to their original rotation in the Transform panel.
- Showcase your work with Adobe Portfolio - Now when you use Portfolio to show off your Illustrator designs and artwork, you can create custom landing and contact pages to better connect with viewers.
- Adobe Experience Design CC (Preview) integration - Copy and paste your Illustrator CC artwork directly into Adobe XD, the new all-in-one tool for designing and prototyping user experiences for websites and mobile apps.
- And so much more:
- Ability to scroll through stroke width and text sizes in proper increments
- Guides that stay unlocked when hidden
- Ability to turn the Pen tool into the Direct Selection tool by pressing Cmd/Ctl when drawing
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor